The client is composed by two parts:
- CoovaChilli: you will need a patched version of CoovaChilli
- Dedalo: a wrapper around to CoovaChilli
Currently, installation is supported only on CentOS 7 and NethServer 7.
We are also working to support in on OpenWrt.
RPMs for CentOS are automatically built on each release.
- Patched CoovaChilli, available at NethServer repositories
- Dedalo, available on Github
Install on CentOS
Make sure your system has Internet access and it’s connected to a working access point, then:
Download and install
coova-chilliRPMs from the above links
Configure your Dedalo instance using instructions reported inside the README
Make sure to enable Dedalo at boot:
systemctl enable dedalo
Install on NethServer
The installation requires at least 3 ethernet interfaces:
- 1 for normal LAN clients, marked with
- 1 (or more) for Internet connection, marked with
- 1 one for the Dedalo, marked with
Proceed with the configuration of green and red interfaces, then:
Access a shell and execute:
yum --enablerepo=nethserver-testing install nethserver-dedalo
Hotspot unitpage inside the Server Manager (
On the first wizard page, insert Sun host name and enter valid reseller credentials. Then follow the istructions on the screen.
Install on OpenWrt
Follow the instructions on Icaro OpenWrt Github project